Thursday, August 28, 2008

Medieval Times - Donde esta Harry Potter?







What can you say about a Medieval festival? Not much - I think the pictures say it all. There were lots of homemade soaps, jewelry, breads and cheeses. 

A few Medieval Lessons Learned:

The guys did not look too happy in their outfits. Yeah, wearing tights isn't easy. 

You have to watch out for burro poop. 

Even the devil needs a smoke break.

And I was a bit disappointed that there was no "flogging" station.

All in all it was fun to walk through and check out what 1479 might look like. 

I'm sitting at the cafe using their wee fee and ordered some toast with jam and butter. The jam tasted not so good so I didn't eat half of it. The very nice guy who works here brought me a piece of toasted bread with olive oil and a piece of ham. He told me it's the traditional way to do it. It was friggin' delicious and I think I am officially on the ham train.

I'm going beach hunting today. There's supposed to be a really great local beach nearby but you have to pass a river of rats to get to it. Should be a good time!

No comments: