Monday, August 18, 2008

Don't Do It!






Don't do this. Don't dress your kids in the same outfit. Yes, it's cute - adorable in fact, but it'll just cause problems later on. I was in Aviles to visit the SUper, SUPER supermercado market on Monday. A lot of shoving; a lot of knock off Prada purses.
 
After attempting to get on the Spanish version of the Conch Train (I just couldn't bring myself to do it); I went to sit in the plaza for a bit when I saw these two boys dressed exactly alike right down to their shoes. It gave me a good chuckle because my sister and I used to dress this way. We looked so much alike that people thought we were twins for the first few years. Later on, not so much. We couldn't have been more opposite growing up and ended up fighting like cats and dogs. I chalk it up to too much time in identical clothes.

I'd dress kids in the most mismatched crazy outfits I could find. They'd be easy to spot in a crowd and it might make things easier down the road. If anything they'd bond over the f*cked up clothes mom made us wear.

As I watch the kids battle it out, a group of four men in identical business suits come out of their hotel and stand right next to the two kids. Look! The grown up version! I laugh harder. Someone must have forgotten something or had to pee cause they huddled; spoke amongst each other; and then nodded and walked back into the hotel. Only to re-emerge shortly after and move across the plaza like an amoeba.

I get up to trek a bit and I see a guy with a green vest and clipboard. Crap. I look left and right to see who could be my buffer but there's no one. I get closer and see he's a representative from the World Wildlife Federation. My backpack seals the deal. He grins widely and makes a beeline for me. "May I have a moment of your time?" he says. "Yes, but I don't know much Spanish." I say, stuttering for added effect. He nods, smiles and waves me past. CHA-CHING!! 

Note to self: learn a English speaking Spanish accent for use in the States. The WWF is a good organization but it has the same acronym as the World Wrestling Federation. The only thing that separates it is the Wildlife version uses a panda for their logo. Doesn't matter because anytime I see it I just think of a guy running through a jungle trying to piledriver a panda.

I looked around and found this great shop. They had a ton of stuff I wanted but the shop was closing for siesta and I was only able to snag a few things. Namely these great old rock n' roll t-shirts in a really nice soft cotton and muted colors. I picked up AC DC, KISS, and Led Zepplein. 

I was so excited about them but started thinking "I wonder what Tio's going to say when I wear my AC DC Heat Seeker T-shirt for the very first time?" Maybe if I pair it with a skirt or a fluffy sweater he won't notice. If anything, I definitely need to have an answer prepared on how to best describe the giant phallic bomb on the front of it.

ROCK ON!

No comments: