Saturday, September 6, 2008

Rain Delay - The Sequel






The sun has been trying to peek out a bit the last day or so. It's a given that anytime I take a rain jacket and leave my sunglasses at home it comes out.

Yesterday I really wanted to see the water so I headed to the beach - damn that pesky rain. To my pleasant surprise, the sun came out for a bit and the few that were at the beach enjoyed it.

Pretty much it was me, the lifeguards, some surfers and one really happy cafe owner. The rain isn't the greatest but it does produce some amazing clouds. Started to paint when I realized I forgot my water bottle luckily the beach showers helped fill the bowl.

I had one of these toys growing up that had some kind of mystery color goop. It had a plastic screen over such goop and when you pressed into it to make images, the goop gave off a black-green kaleideoscope array of colors. That's what the sand looks like today and match it with the wave-like clouds it's pretty damn cool. Maybe rain isn't so bad.

As I was taking a picture of a tunnel, an old man with a cane comes wobbling through it and asks me a question. "Do you like that Cannon?". It took me a second to realize he was saying Cannon.

Walking back down the road to Piedras and this dog is looking at me over a fence. He stays there while I take some pics and I find it funny that the lines on his face match the white on the wall. Accessorizing spreads to pets too.

The rain may not be good for sightseeing but it's good for the earth. A lady is digging in her newly softened field. Every house here has a garden. Even a bar/restaurant I pass on this path has one too.

Tomorrow Tio has agreed to take me to the caves. It was after a discussion about joining him on another pensionista trip (Senior Spring Break - the Sequel). I love Tio but I told him I couldn't handle another 2 hour speaker trying to sell things. Unfortunately it's a part of the trip and helps keeps the cost down for the seniors. He loves infomercial type settings. Something I have found out the hard way in some unfortunate situations or shall I say "outings". I have started to ask more questions about his trips.

He tries to work around such questions with sneaky side answers. I got every excuse thrown at me. "It's not the same man speaking." "It's only for an hour." and the best one "If I go, I'm not going back again." To which I replied "Ok.". He didn´t particularly like that one. I offered to buy us tickets on ALSA so we could go sans products. Nope.

After MUCH discussion, we agreed I would not go on the trip. Most of the family couldn't believe I went on the first one and were laughing when I came back.

I don't mind the seniors, they're cool. It's the 2 hour selling pitch that kills it. So tomorrow Las Cuevas! The Sequel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your pictures are amazing! xoooooo