Saturday, October 11, 2008

Tractor Time!






Had a good day yesterday (of course, it's Spain) and thought nothing could top the pinnacle of picking my own apple from the field trees. But I was wrong.

Got home and started to drop my bag to reach for chocolate that Desy had offered, until I heard a sound. A sound that made me run out of the house with my camera like a madwoman. 

The tractor!!!

Running, trying hard to narrowly miss stepping on slugs along the way, I found Tio clomping around in his wooden clog farming shoes. The tractor was on and I started snapping pics. He laughed and waved at me to hold on a minute. Then he climbed on and was ready for his close up.

Awesome.

I laughed as he has finally succumbed to me taking photos of him. Then he asked me "You want a picture?" 

Me? On the tractor? Hell yea! 

So I climbed up laughing the whole time. Got my feet into position then I got to watch Tio try to figure out my digital camera. It was hilarious. There was a lot of dirt on it when I got it back.

"It's too dark" he said. "We'll have to take more tomorrow"  I just laughed. Then I got the best news of all... He'll maybe let me drive it. 

I'll get to plow! 


No comments: