Sunday, July 27, 2008

Goodbye Reef - A Hair Band Tribute





Last day on the reef and after a conversation on Sunday about Motley Crue, I decided to make a CD. Dave's always itching for new music to listen to so I brought my best 80's cheese.

One guy on the first trip came up smiling saying he tried to sell all this kind of music at a garage sale but no one bought it. It was a strange validation for him and reminded him of his college days. He especially loved Asia's "Heat of the Moment".

It was THE best music to listen to charging into open water. I felt like I was on a party boat in a lake back home in Missouri.

As Lita Ford sang about how she went to a party last Saturday night, she didn't get laid - she got in a fight. Uh huh, it ain't no big thing - I got up on the platform to grab the mooring line. A normal task but suddenly I felt like I was in a Whitesnake video getting ready to writhe all over the front of the boat. 

We had a whole load of kids on the second trip and while Dave and I were making rock on hand signals to Quiet Riot's "Cum on Feel the Noize" a little girl said "What's that?" pointing at the hand gesture and stuck out tongue. 

Then she said "I can make a heart" and she showed me with her fingers. 

I said "That's good but can you do this?" Then I took her tiny little hands and got the fingers into the right position. We successfully got both hands into tiny little devil horns and she just grinned.  

Rock on little sister. Rock on.........

No comments: